The Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce says there were several “wins” for business in the just-completed Arizona legislative session.
Chamber Vice President Chad Heinrich said he likes an $8 million budget provision to fund a new education assessment that he said will give students the training they need to get good jobs.
“Companies don’t necessarily have to spend a lot of time ramping up the skill level. Those students will be ready to join the work force,” Heinrich said.
He’s also applauding the Legislature for passing the Angel Investment Program, which provides tax credits for small businesses for the next 10 years. Heinrich said that will help small business investments to continue growing.
“It really brings together those qualified companies who are in need of capital and the investors who can provide that capital,” Heinrich said.
He added that bills providing more funding for the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality are also a big win. Heinrich gave the Legislature a grade of anywhere from an A- to a B+ for the work done in this session.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon