The Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce says there were several “wins” for business in the just-completed Arizona legislative session.
Chamber Vice President Chad Heinrich said he likes an $8 million budget provision to fund a new education assessment that he said will give students the training they need to get good jobs.
“Companies don’t necessarily have to spend a lot of time ramping up the skill level. Those students will be ready to join the work force,” Heinrich said.
He’s also applauding the Legislature for passing the Angel Investment Program, which provides tax credits for small businesses for the next 10 years. Heinrich said that will help small business investments to continue growing.
“It really brings together those qualified companies who are in need of capital and the investors who can provide that capital,” Heinrich said.
He added that bills providing more funding for the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality are also a big win. Heinrich gave the Legislature a grade of anywhere from an A- to a B+ for the work done in this session.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments