PHOENIX — Late Saturday night, the Glendale Police Department received a call reporting that a male pedestrian had been hit by a vehicle on the block of 6000 W. Bethany Home Rd.
When officials arrived at the scene, they made contact with the pedestrian, identified as 62-year-old Glendale resident Pete Rivas.
Rivas was treated at the scene for life-threatening injuries by the Glendale Fire Paramedics, then transferred to a nearby local hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Upon investigation, the Glendale PD has determined that Rivas was crossing an unmarked crosswalk area from north to south when he was struck by the vehicle — which at this time has been described as a white SUV with tinted windows, custom rims and tires.
Based upon information received at the scene, detectives have indicated that the driver of the white SUV was a black male likely around 30 years of age with short hair and a muscular build. He was last seen driving to a nearby Circle K on North 59th Avenue and West Bethany Home Road.
The investigation is ongoing and the Glendale Police Vehicular Crime Unit is seeking any help it can get from the community.
If you know of anyone or any vehicle that matches the description, please contact the Glendale Police Department immediately at (623)-930-3000 or Silent Witness at (480)-Witness.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.