PHOENIX — Late Saturday night, the Glendale Police Department received a call reporting that a male pedestrian had been hit by a vehicle on the block of 6000 W. Bethany Home Rd.
When officials arrived at the scene, they made contact with the pedestrian, identified as 62-year-old Glendale resident Pete Rivas.
Rivas was treated at the scene for life-threatening injuries by the Glendale Fire Paramedics, then transferred to a nearby local hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Upon investigation, the Glendale PD has determined that Rivas was crossing an unmarked crosswalk area from north to south when he was struck by the vehicle — which at this time has been described as a white SUV with tinted windows, custom rims and tires.
Based upon information received at the scene, detectives have indicated that the driver of the white SUV was a black male likely around 30 years of age with short hair and a muscular build. He was last seen driving to a nearby Circle K on North 59th Avenue and West Bethany Home Road.
The investigation is ongoing and the Glendale Police Vehicular Crime Unit is seeking any help it can get from the community.
If you know of anyone or any vehicle that matches the description, please contact the Glendale Police Department immediately at (623)-930-3000 or Silent Witness at (480)-Witness.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night