PHOENIX — A former Arizona state senator who headed Wyoming’s education department before a court reinstated that state’s school superintendent as head of the agency says he’s returning home to Arizona.
Rich Crandall was chosen for the Wyoming job by Gov. Matt Mead last summer, but he left last week after the state’s superintendent reclaimed her job. Crandall says Mead was up-front that there was a chance a court would reinstate Superintendent Cindy Hill after the Legislature and Mead stripped her of her powers.
Crandall resigned from the Arizona Senate to take the Wyoming job.
Crandall says he’s using up vacation days and officially leaves Wyoming state service May 1. He’ll return to Arizona in June and focus on running his family companies, possibly teaching and eventually looking for another education job.
- Peak your palate with gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again