How do Arizonans feel about where they live?
According to a Gallup poll put out by USA Today, they’re not too high on the state, but not too low either.
The poll found that 41 percent of the people living in the Grand Canyon State have pride in their home surroundings.
Among the 50 states polled from June to Dec. 2013, Arizona came in as the 22nd least desirable place to live.
Montana, Alaska, Utah, Wyoming and Texas were voted on as the most popular places to live, while Rhode Island, Illinois, Mississippi, Louisana and Michigan ended up on the wrong side of the poll.
Based on the poll, which consisted of surveying 600 people from each state, Gallup concluded that those who generally have more pride for their home “boast a greater standard of living, higher trust in state government, and less resentment toward the amount they pay in state taxes.”
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night