How do Arizonans feel about where they live?
According to a Gallup poll put out by USA Today, they’re not too high on the state, but not too low either.
The poll found that 41 percent of the people living in the Grand Canyon State have pride in their home surroundings.
Among the 50 states polled from June to Dec. 2013, Arizona came in as the 22nd least desirable place to live.
Montana, Alaska, Utah, Wyoming and Texas were voted on as the most popular places to live, while Rhode Island, Illinois, Mississippi, Louisana and Michigan ended up on the wrong side of the poll.
Based on the poll, which consisted of surveying 600 people from each state, Gallup concluded that those who generally have more pride for their home “boast a greater standard of living, higher trust in state government, and less resentment toward the amount they pay in state taxes.”
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development