PHOENIX — New-home orders in the Grand Canyon State are on the decline according to one local real estate development company.
Speaking to the Phoenix Business Journal, Meritage Homes, which is based in Scottsdale, saw a big drop in orders across Arizona during the first quarter.
The decline, estimated at 28 percent, is reportedly the most the company has witnessed in any of the states it operates in, which includes California, Colorado and Nevada.
“In Phoenix and Arizona in general we probably increased incentives in the neighborhood of $10,000 to $15,000 on average,” CEO Steve Hilton told BizJournals.com. “And (that) may impact our margins here by about 3 percent.”
While demand is apparently down, Meritage has still raised its price per new-home order by eight percent this year, an increase from $336,000 to $364,000.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development