PHOENIX — The 10th annual Pat’s Run is slated for Saturday morning and organizers are ready for the crowds.
“We’re going to provide water, Gatorade — not only on the course, but at the finish line — any unnecessary items like that, they can leave at home,” said Matt Wilson with the Pat Tillman Foundation.
Wilson said runners shouldn’t plan on bringing a lot with them because security will be tight.
“No type of large backpacks at all,” he said. “We will have security around the facility. We will have military personnel at all of our corrals.”
Roughly 35,000 runners are expected to flock to Tempe to participate in the race, which Michelle McCarthy, director of brand and communication for the Pat Tillman Foundation, said is another best for the race.
“It’s looking to be a sellout, actually, this year,” she said. “We’ve had record numbers come out every year since the race was started in April 2005.”
The race is the primary fundraiser for The Pat Tillman Foundation, which provides scholarships to veterans and their families, McCarthy said. Since 2008 there have been 290 Tillman Military Scholars.
KTAR’s Mark Remillard contributed to this report.
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona