PHOENIX — A warm-weather, wet and wild Valley tradition is back. Salt River Tubing opens Saturday.
Henri Breault, president and CEO of Salt River Tubing, is celebrating 50 years of business.
The celebration could use a little more heat — Mother Nature has less than idyllic weather planned for the opening day.
“We’ve been pretty warm but we expect an abrupt cooldown over the weekend,” said Austin Jameson with the National Weather Service in Phoenix.
“Saturday, we’re looking at highs in the low 70s, so nearly a twenty-degree drop in the temperatures as a cold front moves through.”
In addition, it could get soggy: there’s a 30 to 50 percent chance of rain in parts of the Valley.
It will be business as usual for the Breaults, who plan to open no matter what.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas