PHOENIX — A warm-weather, wet and wild Valley tradition is back. Salt River Tubing opens Saturday.
Henri Breault, president and CEO of Salt River Tubing, is celebrating 50 years of business.
The celebration could use a little more heat — Mother Nature has less than idyllic weather planned for the opening day.
“We’ve been pretty warm but we expect an abrupt cooldown over the weekend,” said Austin Jameson with the National Weather Service in Phoenix.
“Saturday, we’re looking at highs in the low 70s, so nearly a twenty-degree drop in the temperatures as a cold front moves through.”
In addition, it could get soggy: there’s a 30 to 50 percent chance of rain in parts of the Valley.
It will be business as usual for the Breaults, who plan to open no matter what.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night