PHOENIX — A warm-weather, wet and wild Valley tradition is back. Salt River Tubing opens Saturday.
Henri Breault, president and CEO of Salt River Tubing, is celebrating 50 years of business.
The celebration could use a little more heat — Mother Nature has less than idyllic weather planned for the opening day.
“We’ve been pretty warm but we expect an abrupt cooldown over the weekend,” said Austin Jameson with the National Weather Service in Phoenix.
“Saturday, we’re looking at highs in the low 70s, so nearly a twenty-degree drop in the temperatures as a cold front moves through.”
In addition, it could get soggy: there’s a 30 to 50 percent chance of rain in parts of the Valley.
It will be business as usual for the Breaults, who plan to open no matter what.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy