PHOENIX — A suspect was shot and killed Friday while allegedly attempting to rob an armored car in Phoenix, police said.
Suspect shot by victim at 7th St & Glendale has died. Search for 2nd suspect by @phoenixpolice continues
— Steve Martos (@SgtMartos) April 25, 2014
Police said the armored car employees were stocking the Wells Fargo ATM on the southeast corner when the attempted robbery happened. A weapon was recovered at the scene.
There is more than one suspect in the case. He fled the scene. A police perimeter was not able to locate him.
The suspect is described as being a black male between 20 and 25 years old. He stand between 5-foot-10 and 6-foot and weight about 180 pounds. He was last seen wearing a grey shirt, baggy pants and a baseball cap.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them