PHOENIX — A new report shows that less than 55 percent of Arizona college graduates have student debt.
Based on data from College-Insight.org, The Washington Post reported that Arizona ranks at the low end of the spectrum for student debt. Approximately 54 percent of 4-year graduates have an average debt of $20,299.
Nevada came in first with 41 percent of students, but the average debt was actually higher than Arizona’s by $269.
New Mexico had the lowest average debt of $17,994, however, 61 percent of students had debt.
New Hampshire had both the highest percentage of student debt with 74 percent and the highest average debt of $32,698.
The high concentration of debt in the Northeast and Midwest was due “in part because of the higher proportion of pricey private schools.”
Cost of living, financial aid and state policies are just some of the factors that go into determining or establishing college debt. Not surprisingly, lower income students, even those at state institutions, “tend to take out more loans to finance their education.”
For a state-by-state analysis, click here.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick