PHOENIX — One Flagstaff bike park beat out three other finalists to split a $100,000 grand prize.
After two weeks of online voting, Ft. Tuthill Bike Park beat out parks or trails in California and Oregon to become the West Coast winner in the Bell Built contest.
From dirt to snow, mountain to pavement, Bell specializes in helmets for kids and adults. The company is part of the Bell Built Program, which splits a $100,000 grand prize among three winners: One from the East Coast, one from the Central U.S. and one from the West Coast. This year, the prize money is going to fund trail building across the nation.
As for Ft. Tuthill, “the grant will help fund the construction of the beginner and intermediate trails at the proposed bike park project, which will be open to the public for the entire mountain biking community to enjoy,” according to PinkBike.com.
Online voting for the Central Region winner is underway and ends May 4. Voting opens for the East Coast nominees on May 5.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development