PHOENIX — One Flagstaff bike park beat out three other finalists to split a $100,000 grand prize.
After two weeks of online voting, Ft. Tuthill Bike Park beat out parks or trails in California and Oregon to become the West Coast winner in the Bell Built contest.
From dirt to snow, mountain to pavement, Bell specializes in helmets for kids and adults. The company is part of the Bell Built Program, which splits a $100,000 grand prize among three winners: One from the East Coast, one from the Central U.S. and one from the West Coast. This year, the prize money is going to fund trail building across the nation.
As for Ft. Tuthill, “the grant will help fund the construction of the beginner and intermediate trails at the proposed bike park project, which will be open to the public for the entire mountain biking community to enjoy,” according to PinkBike.com.
Online voting for the Central Region winner is underway and ends May 4. Voting opens for the East Coast nominees on May 5.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.