PHOENIX — A woman was arrested Tuesday night on charges of conspiracy to commit bestiality after placing an ad on Craigslist, the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office said.
The woman, who is transgendered, is legally known as 22-year-old Donald Waelde. She allegedly placed the ad in the “missed connections” section of the site, stating “I want to play with a horse. Simple as that. If you have a horse and I can have access to it, I will do something in return.”
Someone saw the ad and immediately contacted MCSO.
During the investigation, sheriff’s deputies contacted Waelde and she stated she wanted to perform sex acts with a horse and agreed to meet with a detective posing as a horse owner. The two met in Anthem with a mounted MCSO horse as a prop. Waelde was arrested and admitted to placing the ad.
“Cases like these are tough to talk about, but we will always go after those who commit sex acts with animals,” Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio said.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains