PHOENIX — Arizona State University is as dedicated to the environment as it is to its students.
According to Business Insider, the ASU Student Health Services Building has been voted one of the “11 Most Impressive New Green Buildings in the U.S.,” making it the only building in Arizona to make the list.
[The] adaptive reuse project transformed an inefficient clinic into an organized and high-performing facility. The building is LEED Platinum-certified and one of the most energy-efficient buildings on campus.
The two-story clinic measures 34,000 square feet and cost $7.6 million to build. The main entrance faces the campus’ Palm Walk, the main thoroughfare, and architects removed about 10,000 square feet of turf grass and replaced it with “native landscaping irrigated by rainwater harvested from the facility’s roofs and stored in sub-grade cisterns,” according to the American Institute of Architects.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development