PHOENIX — Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio was in Hollywood on Wednesday to see himself on the big screen.
He’s there to see the documentary film, “The Joe Show,” at the Beverly Hills Film Festival. “The producer, Randy Murray, invited me,” Arpaio said.
He said that Murray has told him that he may be walking the red carpet at the Chinese Theater on Hollywood’s Walk of Fame. Arpaio joked that walking the red carpet is no big deal — “I have red carpet in my office,” he said.
Film crews followed Arpaio for eight years. He admitted that he doesn’t like the movie. “It shows about 32 minutes of negative situations that go way back in history,” Arpaio said.
The sheriff will take questions from the audience after the movie. “Whatever they ask me, I’ll try to be honest,” Arpaio said.
He said that he did not attend recent screenings of the film at the Scottsdale Film Festival because he thought protesters would show up and cause a disruption. Arpaio said he usually draws protesters when he appears in California.
“It kind of died down somewhat,” he said, “but let’s see if they show up there. It may be a test to see if they still are concerned with the way I operate my office.”
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon