PHOENIX — Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio was in Hollywood on Wednesday to see himself on the big screen.
He’s there to see the documentary film, “The Joe Show,” at the Beverly Hills Film Festival. “The producer, Randy Murray, invited me,” Arpaio said.
He said that Murray has told him that he may be walking the red carpet at the Chinese Theater on Hollywood’s Walk of Fame. Arpaio joked that walking the red carpet is no big deal — “I have red carpet in my office,” he said.
Film crews followed Arpaio for eight years. He admitted that he doesn’t like the movie. “It shows about 32 minutes of negative situations that go way back in history,” Arpaio said.
The sheriff will take questions from the audience after the movie. “Whatever they ask me, I’ll try to be honest,” Arpaio said.
He said that he did not attend recent screenings of the film at the Scottsdale Film Festival because he thought protesters would show up and cause a disruption. Arpaio said he usually draws protesters when he appears in California.
“It kind of died down somewhat,” he said, “but let’s see if they show up there. It may be a test to see if they still are concerned with the way I operate my office.”
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier