PHOENIX — It’s so dry in Arizona that just about anything can touch off a fire, including target shooting.
A small wildfire in Flagstaff earlier this week may have been started by someone shooting at clay pigeons. Two people in their late 20s or early 30s are being sought as persons of interest.
Jeff Walther with the Coconino National Forest in northern Arizona said there’s no ban on target shooting, but people need to be careful.
“People need to have water with them and watch the area after they’re done shooting to see if there’s anything that may have started from target shooting,” he said.
One of the most frequent causes of wildfires is people shooting guns. There have been more than 30 fires started by gunfire on the Tonto National Forest in the past five years.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development