PHOENIX — It’s so dry in Arizona that just about anything can touch off a fire, including target shooting.
A small wildfire in Flagstaff earlier this week may have been started by someone shooting at clay pigeons. Two people in their late 20s or early 30s are being sought as persons of interest.
Jeff Walther with the Coconino National Forest in northern Arizona said there’s no ban on target shooting, but people need to be careful.
“People need to have water with them and watch the area after they’re done shooting to see if there’s anything that may have started from target shooting,” he said.
One of the most frequent causes of wildfires is people shooting guns. There have been more than 30 fires started by gunfire on the Tonto National Forest in the past five years.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets