PHOENIX — Condoms featuring endangered species. That is how Ann Siner, CEO of Eco-chic Consignments, is raising awareness this Earth Day.
“Condoms are just a way to say ‘let’s stop the over-population problem,'” Siner said. “If we continue to grow at the same rate we’re growing, the Earth simply cannot sustain that kind of population.”
The Earth’s current population is nearing seven billion people and some scientists estimate the planet can safely sustain a maximum population of 10 billion.
“Condoms are a fun way to tie in a very serious problem and Earth Day is the perfect day to highlight it,” Siner said. “They’re packaged really cute. Each one ties back to a species that’s on the endangered species list.”
The condoms were created by the Center for Biological Diversity and every one of them has a unique “Save the Planet” message.
“The polar bear one says ‘Wrap with care, save a polar bear,’ and you can only imagine they go on and on,” Siner explained.
Thousands of these biodegradable condoms will be available for free at all three of Siner’s “Well Suited” locations, which feature recycled men’s designer apparel.
Siner said she hopes the condoms will encourage people to be proactive and think twice before procreating.
The participating locations are as follows:
Desert Village at Pinnacle Peak
23269 N. Pima Rd., Scottsdale, AZ 85255
6204 N. Scottsdale Rd., Scottsdale, AZ 85253
Town & Country
4869 N. 20th St., Phoenix, AZ 85016
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night