PHOENIX — Condoms featuring endangered species. That is how Ann Siner, CEO of Eco-chic Consignments, is raising awareness this Earth Day.
“Condoms are just a way to say ‘let’s stop the over-population problem,'” Siner said. “If we continue to grow at the same rate we’re growing, the Earth simply cannot sustain that kind of population.”
The Earth’s current population is nearing seven billion people and some scientists estimate the planet can safely sustain a maximum population of 10 billion.
“Condoms are a fun way to tie in a very serious problem and Earth Day is the perfect day to highlight it,” Siner said. “They’re packaged really cute. Each one ties back to a species that’s on the endangered species list.”
The condoms were created by the Center for Biological Diversity and every one of them has a unique “Save the Planet” message.
“The polar bear one says ‘Wrap with care, save a polar bear,’ and you can only imagine they go on and on,” Siner explained.
Thousands of these biodegradable condoms will be available for free at all three of Siner’s “Well Suited” locations, which feature recycled men’s designer apparel.
Siner said she hopes the condoms will encourage people to be proactive and think twice before procreating.
The participating locations are as follows:
Desert Village at Pinnacle Peak
23269 N. Pima Rd., Scottsdale, AZ 85255
6204 N. Scottsdale Rd., Scottsdale, AZ 85253
Town & Country
4869 N. 20th St., Phoenix, AZ 85016
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns