PHOENIX — Condoms featuring endangered species. That is how Ann Siner, CEO of Eco-chic Consignments, is raising awareness this Earth Day.
“Condoms are just a way to say ‘let’s stop the over-population problem,'” Siner said. “If we continue to grow at the same rate we’re growing, the Earth simply cannot sustain that kind of population.”
The Earth’s current population is nearing seven billion people and some scientists estimate the planet can safely sustain a maximum population of 10 billion.
“Condoms are a fun way to tie in a very serious problem and Earth Day is the perfect day to highlight it,” Siner said. “They’re packaged really cute. Each one ties back to a species that’s on the endangered species list.”
The condoms were created by the Center for Biological Diversity and every one of them has a unique “Save the Planet” message.
“The polar bear one says ‘Wrap with care, save a polar bear,’ and you can only imagine they go on and on,” Siner explained.
Thousands of these biodegradable condoms will be available for free at all three of Siner’s “Well Suited” locations, which feature recycled men’s designer apparel.
Siner said she hopes the condoms will encourage people to be proactive and think twice before procreating.
The participating locations are as follows:
Desert Village at Pinnacle Peak
23269 N. Pima Rd., Scottsdale, AZ 85255
6204 N. Scottsdale Rd., Scottsdale, AZ 85253
Town & Country
4869 N. 20th St., Phoenix, AZ 85016
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick