PHOENIX — A visit to the Saguaro Lake area Sunday turned tragic for one Valley family.
According to Lisa Allen of the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office, three female cousins all under the age of 15, were in a raft near the Butcher Jones Beach area when a witness noticed that they seemed to be in distress.
“A passer-by noticed and was able to get two of the three girls out,” Allen told KTAR. “Unfortunately, a 10-year-old they did not know was in the water, and we haven’t been able to locate her.”
Helicopters flew over the scene for hours without making contact, however as ABC15.com reports, an MCSO dive team recovered the girl’s body approximately 50 feet off-shore just after 5:00 p.m. MST.
The two rescued girls were attended to by a medical staff in the area and no injuries were sustained.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them