PHOENIX — Jodi Arias, who back in May 2013 was found guilty of first-degree murder in connection with the death of her boyfriend Travis Alexander, wants a restraining order against Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio.
According to a report by TMZ, Arias believes that Arpaio installed cameras in her cell and won’t let guards feed her unless she sings the Pledge of Allegiance every morning.
Additionally, Arias noted that she got Hepatitis C under Arpaio’s watch after receiving a Tuberculosis shot from an infected needle.
Arias, who filed for the restraining order without the consultation of her lawyers, said she was then denied proper medical care.
While Arpaio told KTAR he’d look into the allegations, the long-time sheriff also said Arias’ claims are baseless.
“I’m not concerned with it,” Arpaio said. “She’s just trying to get media attention by going after the media and this sheriff. She’s not stupid. She knows she can generate some interest and the media will talk about it.”
The jury selection portion of Arias’ second penalty phase retrial is set to begin on Sept. 8, 2014.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development