PHOENIX — Jodi Arias, who back in May 2013 was found guilty of first-degree murder in connection with the death of her boyfriend Travis Alexander, wants a restraining order against Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio.
According to a report by TMZ, Arias believes that Arpaio installed cameras in her cell and won’t let guards feed her unless she sings the Pledge of Allegiance every morning.
Additionally, Arias noted that she got Hepatitis C under Arpaio’s watch after receiving a Tuberculosis shot from an infected needle.
Arias, who filed for the restraining order without the consultation of her lawyers, said she was then denied proper medical care.
While Arpaio told KTAR he’d look into the allegations, the long-time sheriff also said Arias’ claims are baseless.
“I’m not concerned with it,” Arpaio said. “She’s just trying to get media attention by going after the media and this sheriff. She’s not stupid. She knows she can generate some interest and the media will talk about it.”
The jury selection portion of Arias’ second penalty phase retrial is set to begin on Sept. 8, 2014.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food