PHOENIX — Jodi Arias, who back in May 2013 was found guilty of first-degree murder in connection with the death of her boyfriend Travis Alexander, wants a restraining order against Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio.
According to a report by TMZ, Arias believes that Arpaio installed cameras in her cell and won’t let guards feed her unless she sings the Pledge of Allegiance every morning.
Additionally, Arias noted that she got Hepatitis C under Arpaio’s watch after receiving a Tuberculosis shot from an infected needle.
Arias, who filed for the restraining order without the consultation of her lawyers, said she was then denied proper medical care.
While Arpaio told KTAR he’d look into the allegations, the long-time sheriff also said Arias’ claims are baseless.
“I’m not concerned with it,” Arpaio said. “She’s just trying to get media attention by going after the media and this sheriff. She’s not stupid. She knows she can generate some interest and the media will talk about it.”
The jury selection portion of Arias’ second penalty phase retrial is set to begin on Sept. 8, 2014.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.