SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — A Valley family is inviting one and all to their annual Easter egg hunt.
Robin Spatola and her family will be hiding thousands of plastic eggs filled with candy at Agua Linda Park in Scottsdale on Sunday. Kids can start looking for them at 10:30 a.m.
“We follow the egg hunt with games,” Spatola said. “I’ll bring a case of raw eggs, and we’ll do the egg toss and the egg race and rolling eggs across the basketball court. Stuff like that.”
She said that small prizes will be given to children who win the games.
Spatola is inviting everyone to come to the free event. She encouraged families to bring a picnic lunch and enjoy the day at the park. Spatola said the goal is to encourage families to spend quality time with each other and enjoy the holiday.
Spatola’s grandmother started the annual Easter Egg 20 years ago by taking the family to the McCormick Railroad Park. It grew over the years.
“More grandkids meant more eggs, and then we invited friends over. It’s just grown.”
The egg hunt eventually outgrew the railroad park, so it was moved to Agua Linda Park, near Pima Road and McDonald Drive, where it will be held on Sunday.
Spatola’s family started filling plastic eggs with candy last month to get ready for Sunday.
“It takes several weeks to fill the eggs we have, which is around 2,000 eggs,” she said. “The final count isn’t in yet. We have a couple more baskets to do.”
She said anyone is welcome to bring more candy if they like, so long as it is not chocolate or something else that will melt.
If you would like more information about Sunday’s egg hunt, you can contact Robin Spatola by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas