PHOENIX — Could Arizona be one of the next states to legalize the recreational use of marijuana?
If the Huffington Post is to be believed, there’s a good chance it will be approved as early as 2016.
While hopes for a successful push on legal weed in 2014 may be dwindling, pro-pot organizers have expressed optimism that they’ll have a strong campaign for the state ready ahead of 2016.
An effort is underway to gather nearly 260,000 signatures to get the measure on the 2014 ballot, but it looks likely to fail. A push in 2016 could see it legalized with more financial support and a shift in public opinion. A recent poll showed 51 percent of Arizonans support the legal use of recreational pot.
Medical marijuana was legalized in Arizona in 2010.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development