PHOENIX — It has been a tough road for the wife of Maricopa County Sheriff’s Posse member Phillip Grigg since he was shot on New Year’s Eve while trying to help Phoenix Police Officer Scott Sefranka, who was also shot and survived.
The Choir Boys LE Motorcycle Club presented Grigg’s wife, Elizabeth, with a check for $2500 Friday morning at the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office that was raised from a series of benefit events and out of their own pockets. Grigg thanked them on behalf of her husband, who remains hospitalized.
“Phil knew all about you guys and told me ‘You’re going to have fun going down there’ and I said ‘OK. No problem.'”
Grigg said her husband will be in the hospital for at least three more months before he can come home and has already set a goal of April 15, 2015 to return to the job.
“He will be back with you guys,” she said. “Something to hope for. Phil is doing better but a long, long road ahead.”
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon