PHOENIX — It has been a tough road for the wife of Maricopa County Sheriff’s Posse member Phillip Grigg since he was shot on New Year’s Eve while trying to help Phoenix Police Officer Scott Sefranka, who was also shot and survived.
The Choir Boys LE Motorcycle Club presented Grigg’s wife, Elizabeth, with a check for $2500 Friday morning at the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office that was raised from a series of benefit events and out of their own pockets. Grigg thanked them on behalf of her husband, who remains hospitalized.
“Phil knew all about you guys and told me ‘You’re going to have fun going down there’ and I said ‘OK. No problem.'”
Grigg said her husband will be in the hospital for at least three more months before he can come home and has already set a goal of April 15, 2015 to return to the job.
“He will be back with you guys,” she said. “Something to hope for. Phil is doing better but a long, long road ahead.”
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments