A real estate expert says it’s costing less to buy a home here.
“The median single family sales price is $195,000. This is the lowest since August of last year,” said Dean Wegner. “In fact, home prices have slowly been going down every month this year.”
But that’s not a bad thing.
“Last year we saw double digit appreciation, and that’s unsustainable,” Wegner said.
He said that the real estate industry appreciates the market that we’re in right now.
“It’s what we would call normal,” Wegner said. “People are level-headed. Sellers are reasonable. Buyers are consistent. People are asking normal prices. Sellers are selling normally. It’s really actually a very nice, kind real estate market right now.”
Wegner says if the real estate market stays where it is now for the next two to seven years, everyone would be quite happy with the real estate market in Phoenix.
Wegner said he believes that if prices are “anything more than this, you’re going to see appreciation. Anything going further down from here, you’re going to see upside down, you’re going to see short sales again, and you’re going to see foreclosures.”
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon