A real estate expert says it’s costing less to buy a home here.
“The median single family sales price is $195,000. This is the lowest since August of last year,” said Dean Wegner. “In fact, home prices have slowly been going down every month this year.”
But that’s not a bad thing.
“Last year we saw double digit appreciation, and that’s unsustainable,” Wegner said.
He said that the real estate industry appreciates the market that we’re in right now.
“It’s what we would call normal,” Wegner said. “People are level-headed. Sellers are reasonable. Buyers are consistent. People are asking normal prices. Sellers are selling normally. It’s really actually a very nice, kind real estate market right now.”
Wegner says if the real estate market stays where it is now for the next two to seven years, everyone would be quite happy with the real estate market in Phoenix.
Wegner said he believes that if prices are “anything more than this, you’re going to see appreciation. Anything going further down from here, you’re going to see upside down, you’re going to see short sales again, and you’re going to see foreclosures.”
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas