PHOENIX — Former National Football League quarterback Donovan McNabb was arrested in December on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Records from the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community Police Department show McNabb was arrested for DUI on Dec. 15 at 3:08 a.m. He was clocked by radar going 81 mph in a 65 mph zone near the Loop 101 and McDowell.
He pleaded guilty March 27. He was sentenced to 10 days in jail, with nine of those suspended. McNabb served his only day in jail on Wednesday. KTAR legal analyst Monica Lindstrom said the sentence was the state mandatory minimum for a first-time misdemeanor DUI.
“I have had other high-profile athletes who have been incarcerated with no problems and this latest athlete follows that same pattern,” said Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio.
A court website showed he has another trial appearance scheduled for May 16.
His mug shot was released Thursday.
McNabb, a Valley resident, played 13 seasons in the NFL. He spent time with the Philadelphia Eagles, a team he led to a Super Bowl appearance and several NFC East titles and the Washington Redskins and Minnesota Vikings before retiring in 2012. He made six Pro Bowl appearances.
Since leaving the NFL, McNabb has been hired as an analyst for two major networks. In 2013, he appeared on “Fox Sports Live,” Fox Sports 1’s flagship program.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon