PHOENIX — Former National Football League quarterback Donovan McNabb was arrested in December on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Records from the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community Police Department show McNabb was arrested for DUI on Dec. 15 at 3:08 a.m. He was clocked by radar going 81 mph in a 65 mph zone near the Loop 101 and McDowell.
He pleaded guilty March 27. He was sentenced to 10 days in jail, with nine of those suspended. McNabb served his only day in jail on Wednesday. KTAR legal analyst Monica Lindstrom said the sentence was the state mandatory minimum for a first-time misdemeanor DUI.
“I have had other high-profile athletes who have been incarcerated with no problems and this latest athlete follows that same pattern,” said Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio.
A court website showed he has another trial appearance scheduled for May 16.
His mug shot was released Thursday.
McNabb, a Valley resident, played 13 seasons in the NFL. He spent time with the Philadelphia Eagles, a team he led to a Super Bowl appearance and several NFC East titles and the Washington Redskins and Minnesota Vikings before retiring in 2012. He made six Pro Bowl appearances.
Since leaving the NFL, McNabb has been hired as an analyst for two major networks. In 2013, he appeared on “Fox Sports Live,” Fox Sports 1’s flagship program.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.