PHOENIX — Former National Football League quarterback Donovan McNabb was arrested in December on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Records from the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community Police Department show McNabb was arrested for DUI on Dec. 15 at 3:08 a.m. He was clocked by radar going 81 mph in a 65 mph zone near the Loop 101 and McDowell.
He pleaded guilty March 27. He was sentenced to 10 days in jail, with nine of those suspended. McNabb served his only day in jail on Wednesday. KTAR legal analyst Monica Lindstrom said the sentence was the state mandatory minimum for a first-time misdemeanor DUI.
“I have had other high-profile athletes who have been incarcerated with no problems and this latest athlete follows that same pattern,” said Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio.
A court website showed he has another trial appearance scheduled for May 16.
His mug shot was released Thursday.
McNabb, a Valley resident, played 13 seasons in the NFL. He spent time with the Philadelphia Eagles, a team he led to a Super Bowl appearance and several NFC East titles and the Washington Redskins and Minnesota Vikings before retiring in 2012. He made six Pro Bowl appearances.
Since leaving the NFL, McNabb has been hired as an analyst for two major networks. In 2013, he appeared on “Fox Sports Live,” Fox Sports 1’s flagship program.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments