PHOENIX — Former National Football League quarterback Donovan McNabb was arrested in December on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Records from the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community Police Department show McNabb was arrested for DUI on Dec. 15 at 3:08 a.m. He was clocked by radar going 81 mph in a 65 mph zone near the Loop 101 and McDowell.
He pleaded guilty March 27. He was sentenced to 10 days in jail, with nine of those suspended. McNabb served his only day in jail on Wednesday. KTAR legal analyst Monica Lindstrom said the sentence was the state mandatory minimum for a first-time misdemeanor DUI.
“I have had other high-profile athletes who have been incarcerated with no problems and this latest athlete follows that same pattern,” said Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio.
A court website showed he has another trial appearance scheduled for May 16.
His mug shot was released Thursday.
McNabb, a Valley resident, played 13 seasons in the NFL. He spent time with the Philadelphia Eagles, a team he led to a Super Bowl appearance and several NFC East titles and the Washington Redskins and Minnesota Vikings before retiring in 2012. He made six Pro Bowl appearances.
Since leaving the NFL, McNabb has been hired as an analyst for two major networks. In 2013, he appeared on “Fox Sports Live,” Fox Sports 1’s flagship program.
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered