PHOENIX — Thanks to a generous donation, a Valley food bank won’t have to hunt for Easter eggs.
Hickman’s Family Farms rolled up to St. Mary’s Food Bank on Thursday morning to drop off 100,000 eggs. The food bank had been expecting 82,000.
“This is a collaboration with Feeding America and the American Egg Board and Dunkin’ Donuts,” farm spokeswoman KIm Kerr said.
Egg farms across the country participate. “Only eight food banks across the nation received this donation and St. Mary’s is one of them,” Kerr said.
Even the chicken know when it’s time to turn it on: Hickman’s hens usually deliver 5 million eggs each day but production reaches about 100 million eggs leading up to Easter.
During the first week of March, Alex Apodaca with Dunkin’ Donuts said the company donated one egg every time it sold a breakfast sandwich in Arizona during early March.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns