PHOENIX — Thanks to a generous donation, a Valley food bank won’t have to hunt for Easter eggs.
Hickman’s Family Farms rolled up to St. Mary’s Food Bank on Thursday morning to drop off 100,000 eggs. The food bank had been expecting 82,000.
“This is a collaboration with Feeding America and the American Egg Board and Dunkin’ Donuts,” farm spokeswoman KIm Kerr said.
Egg farms across the country participate. “Only eight food banks across the nation received this donation and St. Mary’s is one of them,” Kerr said.
Even the chicken know when it’s time to turn it on: Hickman’s hens usually deliver 5 million eggs each day but production reaches about 100 million eggs leading up to Easter.
During the first week of March, Alex Apodaca with Dunkin’ Donuts said the company donated one egg every time it sold a breakfast sandwich in Arizona during early March.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night