PHOENIX — Thanks to a generous donation, a Valley food bank won’t have to hunt for Easter eggs.
Hickman’s Family Farms rolled up to St. Mary’s Food Bank on Thursday morning to drop off 100,000 eggs. The food bank had been expecting 82,000.
“This is a collaboration with Feeding America and the American Egg Board and Dunkin’ Donuts,” farm spokeswoman KIm Kerr said.
Egg farms across the country participate. “Only eight food banks across the nation received this donation and St. Mary’s is one of them,” Kerr said.
Even the chicken know when it’s time to turn it on: Hickman’s hens usually deliver 5 million eggs each day but production reaches about 100 million eggs leading up to Easter.
During the first week of March, Alex Apodaca with Dunkin’ Donuts said the company donated one egg every time it sold a breakfast sandwich in Arizona during early March.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon