PHOENIX — The Right To Try Act has passed the Arizona Legislature and voters will now see it on the ballot in November.
“What this does is, it allows patients with terminal illnesses access to medications that have not gone through the full FDA approval process,” said Victor Riches, vice president of External Affairs at the Goldwater Institute, which designed the bill.
The medications have to have gone through Phase 1, which is the basic safety testing, and they have to be part of an ongoing clinical trial, he said.
Those medications would then be available to terminal patients.
“Obviously, for these patients that are dealing with these diseases, they’re certainly looking for every possible option,” he said. “But this isn’t just about giving them hope — this really will save many peopl’s lives,” he said.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick