PHOENIX — The Right To Try Act has passed the Arizona Legislature and voters will now see it on the ballot in November.
“What this does is, it allows patients with terminal illnesses access to medications that have not gone through the full FDA approval process,” said Victor Riches, vice president of External Affairs at the Goldwater Institute, which designed the bill.
The medications have to have gone through Phase 1, which is the basic safety testing, and they have to be part of an ongoing clinical trial, he said.
Those medications would then be available to terminal patients.
“Obviously, for these patients that are dealing with these diseases, they’re certainly looking for every possible option,” he said. “But this isn’t just about giving them hope — this really will save many peopl’s lives,” he said.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development