PHOENIX — Dozens of Vally children celebrated Wednesday the success of a unique program designed to stop bullying.
Last November, Cactus View Elementary School implemented the Bully Patrol Squad with the help of some students and Phoenix Police Officer Jen Dodt.
“It’s nice to be able to solve problems during recess,” said 11-year-old Sierra Howe. “If it’s a bigger problem, like physical bullying, we send them to Officer Jen.”
Several children are part of the squad. They meet weekly and discuss ways to cut down on bullying in their school and they actively patrol the campus during break times and encourage others to be caring and compassionate.
The Bully Patrol Squad program’s is geared toward year-round education, awareness and student engagement in the fight against bullying. Educators, children, parent and police participation has been critical in the success of the program.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick