The most recent episode of Fox’s “Family Guy” threw a low blow — literally — at Tucson, Ariz., and according to Tucson Weekly’s Brian J. Pedersen, it’s not the first time the show and its creator, Seth MacFarlane, have made fun of Arizona’s second-largest city.
In the newest episode of the animated series, Lois Griffin worries that her husband, Peter, has become too smart by visiting cities like New York and San Francisco. She wanted him to go back to his normal self, so she sends him to Tucson to essentially dumb him down again.
As Peter arrives in what Lois calls “the dumbest city in the whole country,” somebody punches him in the groin, and then the scene pans to a bunch of other Tucsonans — all with teeth missing — who are injuring each other in the same manner.
You can see the clip here.
The trip apparently worked, as Peter came home as his old dumb self, declaring that while in Tucson he’d seen a wet T-shirt contest using chocolate milk at the Tucson Philharmonic. Oh, and that Battleship was still in theaters here.
(Stupid writers: we don’t have a philharmonic)
This is at least the fourth jab at Tucson in the past two years on either “Family Guy” or another Seth MacFarlane-made show, “American Dad.” Past digs include calling (Tucson) unnecessary, questioning the University of Arizona’s admission standards and a variety of observations about the region while on a helicopter tour.
Pedersen speculates that maybe MacFarlane is bitter because he perhaps tried to shoot part of his upcoming western comedy “A Million Ways to Die in the West” at Old Tucson Studios and wasn’t offered a good enough deal, but he can’t confirm this claim.
The writer also reports that a Yahoo! Answers thread has been created revolving around whether “Family Guy’s” claim of Tucson being the dumbest city is true or not.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths