PHOENIX — When it comes to Arizona, we’re apparently almost downright normal.
According to Business Insider, Arizona was the sixth-most normal state in the nation, meaning it was most similar to other states in various census figures.
What makes us normal, you ask? Our median apartment rent is just $4 more than the national median of $884 and 13.4 percent of Arizonans were born in a foreign country, compared to 13 percent nationally.
But have no fear! We’re weird too.
Despite being close to the country as a whole on the proportion of residents born abroad, Arizona’s foreign-born residents were less likely to be naturalized citizens — 60.7 [percent] of Arizona’s foreign born population were non-citizens, while the national proportion was about 54.2 [percent]. The effects of the housing boom can also be seen clearly in Arizona — 27.1 [percent] of houses in Arizona have been built since 2000, but only 15.8 [percent] of houses in the United States were that young.
Overall, the most normal state in the nation was Illinois, followed by Washington, Oregon, North Carolina and Indiana, respectively.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development