PHOENIX — When it comes to Arizona, we’re apparently almost downright normal.
According to Business Insider, Arizona was the sixth-most normal state in the nation, meaning it was most similar to other states in various census figures.
What makes us normal, you ask? Our median apartment rent is just $4 more than the national median of $884 and 13.4 percent of Arizonans were born in a foreign country, compared to 13 percent nationally.
But have no fear! We’re weird too.
Despite being close to the country as a whole on the proportion of residents born abroad, Arizona’s foreign-born residents were less likely to be naturalized citizens — 60.7 [percent] of Arizona’s foreign born population were non-citizens, while the national proportion was about 54.2 [percent]. The effects of the housing boom can also be seen clearly in Arizona — 27.1 [percent] of houses in Arizona have been built since 2000, but only 15.8 [percent] of houses in the United States were that young.
Overall, the most normal state in the nation was Illinois, followed by Washington, Oregon, North Carolina and Indiana, respectively.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets