PHOENIX — Some of the prettiest drives in Arizona have been reopened to the public.
The roads in eastern Arizona’s White Mountains were closed for the winter season. The winter brought much less snow than average in the high country, but the Arizona Department of Transportation needed the time to clear out any leftover snow drifts and any downed trees on the roadway.
Dustin Krugel with ADOT said State Route 261 connecting Eagar to Big Lake, State Route 273 connecting Big Lake with Sunrise Park and State Route 473 between State Route 260 and Hawley Lake were all reopened.
The only state highway that remains closed is SR 64 into the north rim of the Grand Canyon National Park. It will reopen next month.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food