PHOENIX — For entrepreneurs it takes more than a great idea — it takes money to get their product or services out to the public.
Securing a traditional business loan can be one of the biggest challenges an entrepreneur faces, but that’s where a Valley group hopes to help.
CPLC Prestamos CDFI, LLC is a community development financial institution that provides small loans and support services. In partnership with Valley Leadership, Prestamos has created the Community Investment Fund to support local entrepreneurs looking to start or grow their businesses.
“We are excited to give local entrepreneurs who do not qualify for traditional financing an opportunity to improve the health of our community and contribute to Arizona’s economy,” Brigitte Dayton, member of Valley Leadership’s current class, said in a press release.
And Prestamos is prepared to offer hefty sums to some business owners.
“These loans range from $20,000 to $25,000, depending on the applicant, business plan and distinctiveness of the entrepreneurial idea,” said Jose Martinez, president of CPLC Prestamos.
Top qualified applicants will compete in “Pitch Day” on May 23 where they can present their business concept and funding needs to a panel. Three to five businesses will receive loan approval and the business with the best presentation will win a $2,500 cash prize.
Applications are being accepted until Friday, April 25, at prestamosloanfund.org.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night