PHOENIX — For entrepreneurs it takes more than a great idea — it takes money to get their product or services out to the public.
Securing a traditional business loan can be one of the biggest challenges an entrepreneur faces, but that’s where a Valley group hopes to help.
CPLC Prestamos CDFI, LLC is a community development financial institution that provides small loans and support services. In partnership with Valley Leadership, Prestamos has created the Community Investment Fund to support local entrepreneurs looking to start or grow their businesses.
“We are excited to give local entrepreneurs who do not qualify for traditional financing an opportunity to improve the health of our community and contribute to Arizona’s economy,” Brigitte Dayton, member of Valley Leadership’s current class, said in a press release.
And Prestamos is prepared to offer hefty sums to some business owners.
“These loans range from $20,000 to $25,000, depending on the applicant, business plan and distinctiveness of the entrepreneurial idea,” said Jose Martinez, president of CPLC Prestamos.
Top qualified applicants will compete in “Pitch Day” on May 23 where they can present their business concept and funding needs to a panel. Three to five businesses will receive loan approval and the business with the best presentation will win a $2,500 cash prize.
Applications are being accepted until Friday, April 25, at prestamosloanfund.org.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns