PHOENIX — Rep. Kyrsten Sinema will participate in several events this week to honor Boston Marathon bombing victims one year after the tragedy.
Sinema will first lead a moment of silence Tuesday morning at the Runner’s Den at 6505 N. 16th St. before a 30-minute honor run beginning at 6:30 a.m.
This is why they run. Team MR8 going to Boston next week. pic.twitter.com/bK9aOOfVdr
— Martha Maurer (@MaurerMartha) April 15, 2014
From there, Sinema will head to Pizza People Pub at 1326 N. Central Ave. from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. for a One Fund Boston fundraiser.
On Thursday, Sinema will participate in a community send-off run that begins at the North Central Baptist Church at 5757 N. Central Ave. at 6:30 a.m.
To close out the week of remembrance, Sinema will run alongside other members of Team MR8, a charity created in honor of 8-year-old victim Martin Richard, in the Boston Marathon on Monday.
Team MR8, the Martin Richard Charitable Foundation, was created by the parents of Martin Richard, the 8 year-old boy killed in the Boston bombing. The foundation’s mission is to promote Martin’s message of peace by investing in education, athletics and community. To contribute, click here.
One Fund Boston was formed by Gov. Deval Patrick and Mayor Thomas M. Menino on April 16, 2013, with the purpose of helping those most affected by the tragic Boston Marathon bombings. To contribute, click here.
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life