PHOENIX — Rep. Kyrsten Sinema will participate in several events this week to honor Boston Marathon bombing victims one year after the tragedy.
Sinema will first lead a moment of silence Tuesday morning at the Runner’s Den at 6505 N. 16th St. before a 30-minute honor run beginning at 6:30 a.m.
This is why they run. Team MR8 going to Boston next week. pic.twitter.com/bK9aOOfVdr
— Martha Maurer (@MaurerMartha) April 15, 2014
From there, Sinema will head to Pizza People Pub at 1326 N. Central Ave. from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. for a One Fund Boston fundraiser.
On Thursday, Sinema will participate in a community send-off run that begins at the North Central Baptist Church at 5757 N. Central Ave. at 6:30 a.m.
To close out the week of remembrance, Sinema will run alongside other members of Team MR8, a charity created in honor of 8-year-old victim Martin Richard, in the Boston Marathon on Monday.
Team MR8, the Martin Richard Charitable Foundation, was created by the parents of Martin Richard, the 8 year-old boy killed in the Boston bombing. The foundation’s mission is to promote Martin’s message of peace by investing in education, athletics and community. To contribute, click here.
One Fund Boston was formed by Gov. Deval Patrick and Mayor Thomas M. Menino on April 16, 2013, with the purpose of helping those most affected by the tragic Boston Marathon bombings. To contribute, click here.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.