GLENDALE, Ariz. — It’s going to be pretty lively in a certain part of Glendale on Saturday.
The Arizona Coyotes will skate at noon, the Arizona Cardinals will kick off their playoff game at 6:15 p.m. and before, during and after those games, the traffic heading to the University of Phoenix Stadium and next-door neighbor Gila River Arena will be … active.
“It’s exciting to have the Coyotes and Cardinals on the same day but traffic will be heavier than normal,” Glendale Police Sgt. David Vidaure said.
Coyotes fans will be leaving about the time many Cardinals (and Green Bay Packers) fans show up.
“We’re asking fans to come early and with a dose of patience. We’re asking fans to look ahead on our Twitter page GlendaleAZPD,” Vidaure said. “We’ll have maps for both games as there’s been some changes on where to park and how to get there.”
The Arizona Department of Transportation expected traffic to be heavy on westbound Interstate 10 from downtown Phoenix to the Loop 101 and on Loop 101 north to the stadium area.
Traffic will be heaviest from around 3 p.m. until 6:15 p.m.
- Phoenix water park offering heroes free admission Memorial Day weekend
- Arizona, Utah polygamous community picks outsider as new police chief
- How hot can a car get parked in the Phoenix sun? What about the shade?
- Arizona court overturns no-bail provision for sex assault defendants
- Arizona ruling: Stiffer sentences law doesn’t include animal victims