PHOENIX — Two Valley suburbs were reportedly ranked among the most dangerous in the nation.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, both Tempe (eighth) and Glendale (seventh) are among the nation’s most dangerous suburbs. It cited a study conducted by a real estate company on crime data.
Tempe officials placed the blame on the massive influx of both workers and students the city sees on a daily basis.
“Tempe’s daytime population increases by 46 percent each day, the highest of any community in the Valley (and only one of three cities that actually experiences an increase),” said city spokeswoman Nikki Ripley. “Since crime rates are calculated by dividing the number of total crimes reported by the residential population, crime rates can be misleading for communities like Tempe.”
Overall, the most dangerous suburb in the nation was East Point, Ga., followed by Camden, N.J., Miami Beach, Fla., Midwest City, Okla. and Miami Gardens, Fla., respectively.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development