PHOENIX — Two Valley suburbs were reportedly ranked among the most dangerous in the nation.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, both Tempe (eighth) and Glendale (seventh) are among the nation’s most dangerous suburbs. It cited a study conducted by a real estate company on crime data.
Tempe officials placed the blame on the massive influx of both workers and students the city sees on a daily basis.
“Tempe’s daytime population increases by 46 percent each day, the highest of any community in the Valley (and only one of three cities that actually experiences an increase),” said city spokeswoman Nikki Ripley. “Since crime rates are calculated by dividing the number of total crimes reported by the residential population, crime rates can be misleading for communities like Tempe.”
Overall, the most dangerous suburb in the nation was East Point, Ga., followed by Camden, N.J., Miami Beach, Fla., Midwest City, Okla. and Miami Gardens, Fla., respectively.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food