PHOENIX — A man has died after a violent run-in with police at a Phoenix restaurant Sunday night.
Police were called to Freddy’s Steak Burgers near 51st Avenue and Bell Road after a customer barricaded himself in the bathroom, then flooded that room. Once he came out, he damaged countertops in the kitchen.
Authorities said two officers had to use a stun gun when the 36-year-old suspect began fighting two officers. The man was Tasered but continued fighting before two more officers managed to subdue him.
The suspect was pronounced dead at a hospital and two officers were treated for injuries.
Disclaimer: The video from the altercation at Freddy’s Steak Burgers has strong language and may be viewed as too violent for some. It can be seen here.
- ‘Remember me?’ Mom outs college-aged son on Facebook for not calling home
- Gaydos meets Solomon the lion from Wildlife World Zoo
- Donald Trump wins Mac & Gaydos’ Presidential Pick Fest
- Colorado woman turns to Craigslist to rent a family for her birthday
- Renting, not owning, a growing trend among millennials