PHOENIX — A man has died after a violent run-in with police at a Phoenix restaurant Sunday night.
Police were called to Freddy’s Steak Burgers near 51st Avenue and Bell Road after a customer barricaded himself in the bathroom, then flooded that room. Once he came out, he damaged countertops in the kitchen.
Authorities said two officers had to use a stun gun when the 36-year-old suspect began fighting two officers. The man was Tasered but continued fighting before two more officers managed to subdue him.
The suspect was pronounced dead at a hospital and two officers were treated for injuries.
Disclaimer: The video from the altercation at Freddy’s Steak Burgers has strong language and may be viewed as too violent for some. It can be seen here.
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident
- Cindy McCain talks Syrians refugees’ plight, trafficking in Arizona
- Relive 2015 through the high and low moments of Mac & Gaydos
- Mac & Gaydos’ Caring for Kids nets thousands of donations for Child Crisis Arizona
- Former Phoenix Mayor Phil Gordon considers run against Sheriff Arpaio