PHOENIX – Motorists traveling along highway U.S. 60 east of Superior between Phoenix and Globe will need to plan ahead next week for delays.
The highway will be closed on Jan. 19 from 9 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. and again from 1 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. and Jan. 21 from the same times. The Arizona Department of Transportation continues blasting operations on an improvement project to build a new passing lane and widen roadway shoulders.
Construction will happen from Devil’s Canyon to Oak Flat, mileposts 231-233.
Traffic will be stopped on eastbound U.S. 60 at milepost 227, and traffic on westbound U.S. 60 will be stopped at milepost 235.
Alternative routes for travelers can consider state routes 77 and 177. People headed to the White Mountains region can head through Payson on state route 87 and go east on state route 260.
Drivers should expect law enforcement officers to be stationed at each closure to assist with traffic control.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Arizona officials postpone Loop 101 closure in north Phoenix due to rain
- Arizona MVD ‘safe selfie’ stations warn new drivers about ID theft
- Parts of Loop 101, Interstate 10 closed this weekend
- ADOT officers, human and K-9, seize over 1,000 pounds of marijuana
- Drivers to use stretch of future South Mountain Freeway for first time