PHOENIX — Around 10:45 a.m. Sunday, Mesa police responded to a call at Poston Junior High School at Adobe and 25th streets.
Some neighbors who had arrived at the school to exercise on the premises placed a call to the police after they “noticed a vehicle that appeared suspicious” in the south parking lot, Sgt. Tony Landato said.
The neighbors had only noticed one man inside who wasn’t responding, but Mesa police took over and found an injured, unresponsive female.
The woman was transported to a hospital but soon pronounced dead there.
The man was already dead in the vehicle when police arrived.
Landato said it appears to be a murder-suicide situation, and he could not disclose the nature of the couple’s deaths.
Landato said the department is also working on identifying the two deceased individuals and figuring out their relation to each other. He said they are both adults and don’t appear to be related to the school where they were parked.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon