FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. — A forest official said the fire burning in the Coconino National Forest was 75 percent contained, with complete containment expected Monday evening.
No injuries or damage to structures have been reported in the 175-acre Fisher Fire south of Flagstaff. Officials said the blaze was human-caused.
Firefighters were faced with strong winds over the weekend as they continued containment efforts but forest officials say they weren’t a factor.
Temperatures are expected to range from 53 degrees to 63 degrees with low humidity and wind gusts up to 25 mph Monday.
The fire was first reported near the Fisher Canyon area Friday afternoon.
A wildfire burned in the same area last year.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns