PHOENIX — A red light runner crashed into a Phoenix Fire Department ambulance early Sunday morning and caused it to tip over.
ABC 15 reports the driver who ran the red light at a speed of almost 70 mph was taken to a hospital and was suspected to be under the influence of alcohol. The driver suffered a broken leg in the crash. Two passengers were in the vehicle, but both refused medical treatment.
The T-bone crash happened at the intersection of 7th Street and Broadway Road in south Phoenix at around 2:30 a.m.
The ambulance was going eastbound and was in the process of taking a female patient to a hospital.
Three firefighters and the patient inside the ambulance were transported to a hospital, and all are expected to be OK, reportedly suffering only bruises.
The intersection has been reopened as of late Sunday morning.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night