PHOENIX — Arizona State University is helping local governments track their sustainability performance.
In partnership with STAR Communities, the ASU Sustainability Solutions Services will help city and county governments economically, environmentally and socially.
STAR Communities, incorporated in 2012, helps communities become energy efficient, arts-enriched, healthy and prosperous.
“The program provides tools and a common framework for universities to use when they convene cities, towns or regional partnership,” said Hilari Varnadore, STAR Communities executive director, in a press release.
Faculty, experts and students will “analyze and solve sustainability challenges.” Once the Arizona communities become certified, they will receive national recognition.
If you would like to work with ASU to become a STAR community, contact Solutions Services practice lead Mick Dalrymple at email@example.com.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy