PHOENIX — Arizona State University is helping local governments track their sustainability performance.
In partnership with STAR Communities, the ASU Sustainability Solutions Services will help city and county governments economically, environmentally and socially.
STAR Communities, incorporated in 2012, helps communities become energy efficient, arts-enriched, healthy and prosperous.
“The program provides tools and a common framework for universities to use when they convene cities, towns or regional partnership,” said Hilari Varnadore, STAR Communities executive director, in a press release.
Faculty, experts and students will “analyze and solve sustainability challenges.” Once the Arizona communities become certified, they will receive national recognition.
If you would like to work with ASU to become a STAR community, contact Solutions Services practice lead Mick Dalrymple at email@example.com.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas