MESA, Ariz. — You can check out the graves of country music superstar Waylon Jennings and former Arizona Congressman John Rhodes on Saturday morning in Mesa.
The second annual Mesa Cemetery tour gets underway at around 8 a.m. Saturday. This year’s tour features 10 gravesites that weren’t on the tour last year. One of them is the grave of former Mesa Journal-Tribune Publisher Charles Mitten.
“Back in the 1930s, Mitten helped coordinate the use what was called ‘Mesa Money’ at a couple of businesses,” said Mesa spokesman Kevin Christopher. “This was to help residents following the nationwide bank closure that was order by President Franklin Roosevelt in 1933.”
Also on the tour is the grave of Ernesto Miranda, the man who was behind the landmark Supreme Court ruling which created the Miranda Rights.
Admission to the tour is $15 for adults. Kids between the ages of 6 and 13 are $5, while those under 6 get in free. All proceeds benefit the Mesa Historical Museum.
For more information about the tour, go to mesamuseum.org.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food