MESA, Ariz. — You can check out the graves of country music superstar Waylon Jennings and former Arizona Congressman John Rhodes on Saturday morning in Mesa.
The second annual Mesa Cemetery tour gets underway at around 8 a.m. Saturday. This year’s tour features 10 gravesites that weren’t on the tour last year. One of them is the grave of former Mesa Journal-Tribune Publisher Charles Mitten.
“Back in the 1930s, Mitten helped coordinate the use what was called ‘Mesa Money’ at a couple of businesses,” said Mesa spokesman Kevin Christopher. “This was to help residents following the nationwide bank closure that was order by President Franklin Roosevelt in 1933.”
Also on the tour is the grave of Ernesto Miranda, the man who was behind the landmark Supreme Court ruling which created the Miranda Rights.
Admission to the tour is $15 for adults. Kids between the ages of 6 and 13 are $5, while those under 6 get in free. All proceeds benefit the Mesa Historical Museum.
For more information about the tour, go to mesamuseum.org.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America