This is the story that YOU wanted to hear us talk about! It received 69 percent of the vote in our Radioactive poll!
You may want to pay a little more attention to the road this week. The Arizona Department of Public Safety is reportedly targeting distracted drivers.
According to Fox 10, officers will focus on reducing all sorts of distracted driving from Thursday to Tuesday.
DPS defines distracted driving as “Any activity that diverts a driver’s attention from the primary task of driving”.
Officers will be looking for people on cell phones, eating or doing anything else other than driving.
Officers say many traffic violations like speeding, unsafe lane changes, and failure to stop are often the result of distracted driving.
Keep your eyes on the road, Arizona. Not on your phone.
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident
- Cindy McCain talks Syrians refugees’ plight, trafficking in Arizona
- Relive 2015 through the high and low moments of Mac & Gaydos
- Mac & Gaydos’ Caring for Kids nets thousands of donations for Child Crisis Arizona
- Former Phoenix Mayor Phil Gordon considers run against Sheriff Arpaio