PHOENIX — Police have been searching for a 2009 robbery suspect for years with only an overused VHS tape as evidence.
Silent Witness released a new, digitally-enhanced version of the tape Thursday that clearly shows the robbery at 1502 W. Indian School Road that took place at 12:52 a.m.
“We just now converted that tape into a cleaned-up digital video format, and the images are now very compelling, and clearly reflects the suspect chasing and beating the clerk before stealing beer,” said Phoenix Police Sgt. Darren Burch. “The suspect is also seen kicking out the front door to make his escape.”
The suspect is described as being a Hispanic male in his late 20s or early 30s. He stands about 6-foot-1 and weighs about 220 pounds. He was last seen wearing a white tank top, long, baggy black jean shorts and black slipper shoes.
Anyone with information on this crime is asked to contact Silent Witness at (480) WITNESS.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon