The Chicago Cubs saw more than 218,000 fans walk through the turnstiles of their new spring home in Mesa. They sold nearly as many hot dogs.
The Phoenix Business Journal broke down the numbers of the park’s revenue figures, and peripheral measures, in a story published Wednesday.
To wit, Mesa brought back $600,000 of the $99 million it dished out to build the stadium just in sales taxes.
Meanwhile, Cubs Park provided 412 jobs and were the impetus for the construction of an adjacent Sheraton Hotel, which has 170 rooms.
An average crowd of over 14,000 consumed 49,674 hot dogs and 10,705 soft pretzels over the course of the Cactus League season.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets