The Chicago Cubs saw more than 218,000 fans walk through the turnstiles of their new spring home in Mesa. They sold nearly as many hot dogs.
The Phoenix Business Journal broke down the numbers of the park’s revenue figures, and peripheral measures, in a story published Wednesday.
To wit, Mesa brought back $600,000 of the $99 million it dished out to build the stadium just in sales taxes.
Meanwhile, Cubs Park provided 412 jobs and were the impetus for the construction of an adjacent Sheraton Hotel, which has 170 rooms.
An average crowd of over 14,000 consumed 49,674 hot dogs and 10,705 soft pretzels over the course of the Cactus League season.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.