The Chicago Cubs saw more than 218,000 fans walk through the turnstiles of their new spring home in Mesa. They sold nearly as many hot dogs.
The Phoenix Business Journal broke down the numbers of the park’s revenue figures, and peripheral measures, in a story published Wednesday.
To wit, Mesa brought back $600,000 of the $99 million it dished out to build the stadium just in sales taxes.
Meanwhile, Cubs Park provided 412 jobs and were the impetus for the construction of an adjacent Sheraton Hotel, which has 170 rooms.
An average crowd of over 14,000 consumed 49,674 hot dogs and 10,705 soft pretzels over the course of the Cactus League season.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night