It’s getting hot again. Imagine having no A/C this summer.
Fortunately, the City of Peoria has a program designed to help low-to-moderate income households to get repairs on their home which are necessary for safety.
It’s called the Emergency Home Repair Program.
“They may not be able to afford things that are important to live day to day,” said City of Peoria neighborhood programs coordinator Jaime Gonzalez. “Such as roofing, electrical, plumbing issues, air conditioning, water heaters, things like that.”
It’s a federally-funded program and families do have to meet certain qualifications, be a Peoria resident and own their home.
“As we turn into summer and warmer months and people are turning their air conditioners back on, they find that they are broken or not working properly,” she said. “And so we do see an increase in calls at that time.”
Specifics of the program can be found on the city’s website.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development