Scottsdale residents needing indoor golf — 40,000 or 50,000 square feet of it — now have a second option.
A golf mega store based in the Atlanta area, known as PGA Tour Superstore, this week announced plans to open a second store in Scottsdale, at 7000 E. Mayo Blvd., accompanying their existing Scottsdale location, along with one in Chandler.
The retail store acts as a one-stop shop for golfers, carrying everything from clubs to bags and balls, apparel and accessories. It also features more than a dozen swing simulators in most of its retail spaces, which help to custom-fit clubs and an indoor practice range.
The opening date of the store is not yet known, according to Phoenix Business Journal.
“Despite a flat retail landscape in the golf industry, we have growth plans that prove experiential retail is alive and well,” said PGA Tour Superstore President and CEO Dick Sullivan.
The company plans to grow its presence by up to 25 percent a year in the next half decade, Sullivan added. By 2018, the retailer hopes to operate 50 stores, up from its 19 today.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development