PHOENIX — Amy and Samy Bouzaglo, the infamous owners of Amy’s Baking Company in Scottsdale, Ariz., went on “Dr. Phil” Wednesday to discuss their disastrous appearance on “Kitchen Nightmares.”
According to the “Dr. Phil” website, the couple came on to clear things up before a second appearance on the hit Fox show and also address threats they have received.
“If I had known this much hate would be directed toward us, I would never have agreed to do the show,” Amy says. “I want the world to know that we are real people. We are not cartoon characters. We are not those people that were portrayed on Kitchen Nightmares.”
Amy said she and Samy have even had their privacy violated.
“People have been saying the most disgusting, vile, horrific things to us,” Amy claims. “One man decided to take a photo of our home, post it, and write, ‘Here’s their house. You know what to do.'” She continues, “Someone else actually wrote, ‘If I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden and the owner of Amy’s Baking Company, and I had two bullets, I would shoot Amy twice.’ Other people say, ‘You * whore. You need to die. Just kill yourself, Amy.’ My husband and I don’t deserve this.”
The Bouzaglos have vehemently defended themselves since the original appearance caused their faces to be plastered and lambasted across the Internet. They claim the show misrepresented them and embellished conflict for ratings.
The couple will make another appearance on “Kitchen Nightmares” on Friday.
A portion of the interview is below. Go to the “Dr. Phil” website to see the rest.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development
- Jan Brewer thinks Paul Penzone will have tough time beating Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Mac & Gaydos joined by Burmese python after losing March Madness bet
- Mac and Gaydos deliver pizzas to winning class in REDucation contest
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident
- Cindy McCain talks Syrians refugees’ plight, trafficking in Arizona