PHOENIX — Amy and Samy Bouzaglo, the infamous owners of Amy’s Baking Company in Scottsdale, Ariz., went on “Dr. Phil” Wednesday to discuss their disastrous appearance on “Kitchen Nightmares.”
According to the “Dr. Phil” website, the couple came on to clear things up before a second appearance on the hit Fox show and also address threats they have received.
“If I had known this much hate would be directed toward us, I would never have agreed to do the show,” Amy says. “I want the world to know that we are real people. We are not cartoon characters. We are not those people that were portrayed on Kitchen Nightmares.”
Amy said she and Samy have even had their privacy violated.
“People have been saying the most disgusting, vile, horrific things to us,” Amy claims. “One man decided to take a photo of our home, post it, and write, ‘Here’s their house. You know what to do.'” She continues, “Someone else actually wrote, ‘If I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden and the owner of Amy’s Baking Company, and I had two bullets, I would shoot Amy twice.’ Other people say, ‘You * whore. You need to die. Just kill yourself, Amy.’ My husband and I don’t deserve this.”
The Bouzaglos have vehemently defended themselves since the original appearance caused their faces to be plastered and lambasted across the Internet. They claim the show misrepresented them and embellished conflict for ratings.
The couple will make another appearance on “Kitchen Nightmares” on Friday.
A portion of the interview is below. Go to the “Dr. Phil” website to see the rest.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- ‘Supernatural’ TV show convention comes to Arizona
- Jan Brewer thinks Paul Penzone will have tough time beating Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Mac & Gaydos joined by Burmese python after losing March Madness bet
- Mac and Gaydos deliver pizzas to winning class in REDucation contest
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident