ROCHESTER, Minn. (AP) — Allegiant Air says it is pulling out of the Rochester International Airport and will end its weekly nonstop flights to Arizona on May 14.
Allegiant began offering two weekly nonstop flights to Mesa, Ariz., in November 2012. The airline hoped to serve as a connection between Rochester and Mayo Clinic’s Phoenix campus.
The Post-Bulletin (http://bit.ly/1hu0J7w ) reports this marks the Las Vegas-based airline’s second attempt to serve the Rochester market. From 2008 to 2010, Allegiant offered bargain nonstop flights to Las Vegas. Those flights ended because of lack of demand.
When Allegiant returned to Rochester with an Arizona focus, there was no concern about demand with the built-in Mayo traffic plus vacation trips.
Rochester’s airport has worked at attracting and keeping airlines, but it’s hindered by lower cost flights from Minneapolis.
Information from: Post-Bulletin, http://www.postbulletin.com
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy