ROCHESTER, Minn. (AP) — Allegiant Air says it is pulling out of the Rochester International Airport and will end its weekly nonstop flights to Arizona on May 14.
Allegiant began offering two weekly nonstop flights to Mesa, Ariz., in November 2012. The airline hoped to serve as a connection between Rochester and Mayo Clinic’s Phoenix campus.
The Post-Bulletin (http://bit.ly/1hu0J7w ) reports this marks the Las Vegas-based airline’s second attempt to serve the Rochester market. From 2008 to 2010, Allegiant offered bargain nonstop flights to Las Vegas. Those flights ended because of lack of demand.
When Allegiant returned to Rochester with an Arizona focus, there was no concern about demand with the built-in Mayo traffic plus vacation trips.
Rochester’s airport has worked at attracting and keeping airlines, but it’s hindered by lower cost flights from Minneapolis.
Information from: Post-Bulletin, http://www.postbulletin.com
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas