PHOENIX — Grow it and show it!
That’s this year’s theme at the Maricopa County Fair. It’s back for five fun-filled days at the Arizona State Fairgrounds.
The Maricopa County Fair showcases nearly 4,000 entries, including animals, crafts and hobbies, home arts, photography, and culinary arts, each year. This year’s fair will exhibit an abundance of animals, most raised by kids 18 and under, including beef and dairy cattle, meat goat, sheep, swine, dairy goat, pygmy goat, rabbit, pigeon, poultry, and guinea pigs.
“Check out the Wild West Turkey Stampede, Rocket’s K9 Comets Fido 500 Dog Races, and you can’t miss the Pollywood Bird Show,” said Karen Searle, fair spokeswoman.
Many animals that earn blue ribbon status at the County Fair will be sold during the Small Stock Auction on Friday, April 11 at 7:00 p.m. MST. or the Livestock auction on Saturday, April 12 at 10:00 a.m MST.
The auctions have historically generated large profits for the youth including the 2013 auctions which recorded nearly $900,000 in sales.
Familiar and fun Fair entertainment will return, including magician Terry Godfrey, the music of George Johnson, comedy juggler Greg Frisbee, the Safety Magic Show, and NBA halftime star Skip Banks. Of course, you can’t miss SpongeBob SquarePants who will make appearances to charm kids and adults alike, and enjoy traditional fair favorites like rides, games, and fabulous fair food.
For more details, call 602-252-0717 or visit www.maricopacountyfair.org.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas