PHOENIX — Grow it and show it!
That’s this year’s theme at the Maricopa County Fair. It’s back for five fun-filled days at the Arizona State Fairgrounds.
The Maricopa County Fair showcases nearly 4,000 entries, including animals, crafts and hobbies, home arts, photography, and culinary arts, each year. This year’s fair will exhibit an abundance of animals, most raised by kids 18 and under, including beef and dairy cattle, meat goat, sheep, swine, dairy goat, pygmy goat, rabbit, pigeon, poultry, and guinea pigs.
“Check out the Wild West Turkey Stampede, Rocket’s K9 Comets Fido 500 Dog Races, and you can’t miss the Pollywood Bird Show,” said Karen Searle, fair spokeswoman.
Many animals that earn blue ribbon status at the County Fair will be sold during the Small Stock Auction on Friday, April 11 at 7:00 p.m. MST. or the Livestock auction on Saturday, April 12 at 10:00 a.m MST.
The auctions have historically generated large profits for the youth including the 2013 auctions which recorded nearly $900,000 in sales.
Familiar and fun Fair entertainment will return, including magician Terry Godfrey, the music of George Johnson, comedy juggler Greg Frisbee, the Safety Magic Show, and NBA halftime star Skip Banks. Of course, you can’t miss SpongeBob SquarePants who will make appearances to charm kids and adults alike, and enjoy traditional fair favorites like rides, games, and fabulous fair food.
For more details, call 602-252-0717 or visit www.maricopacountyfair.org.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development