PHOENIX — Grow it and show it!
That’s this year’s theme at the Maricopa County Fair. It’s back for five fun-filled days at the Arizona State Fairgrounds.
The Maricopa County Fair showcases nearly 4,000 entries, including animals, crafts and hobbies, home arts, photography, and culinary arts, each year. This year’s fair will exhibit an abundance of animals, most raised by kids 18 and under, including beef and dairy cattle, meat goat, sheep, swine, dairy goat, pygmy goat, rabbit, pigeon, poultry, and guinea pigs.
“Check out the Wild West Turkey Stampede, Rocket’s K9 Comets Fido 500 Dog Races, and you can’t miss the Pollywood Bird Show,” said Karen Searle, fair spokeswoman.
Many animals that earn blue ribbon status at the County Fair will be sold during the Small Stock Auction on Friday, April 11 at 7:00 p.m. MST. or the Livestock auction on Saturday, April 12 at 10:00 a.m MST.
The auctions have historically generated large profits for the youth including the 2013 auctions which recorded nearly $900,000 in sales.
Familiar and fun Fair entertainment will return, including magician Terry Godfrey, the music of George Johnson, comedy juggler Greg Frisbee, the Safety Magic Show, and NBA halftime star Skip Banks. Of course, you can’t miss SpongeBob SquarePants who will make appearances to charm kids and adults alike, and enjoy traditional fair favorites like rides, games, and fabulous fair food.
For more details, call 602-252-0717 or visit www.maricopacountyfair.org.
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains