PHOENIX — Actor Steven Seagal is still held in a positive light by the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Posse, despite his supportive stance of Russian President Vladimir Putin.
“I can’t tell him what to say, who to say it with, who to visit,” Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio said. “There is a freedom of speech. If he wants to talk to President Putin, I can’t stop him.”
Seagal recently referred to Putin as a “brother” and one of the great world leaders amidst tensions between the United States and Russia over the on-going situation in Ukraine.
Arpaio had some advice for President Barack Obama on how to capitalize on Seagal and Putin’s friendship.
“Here you have Seagal that knows him because of martial arts,” “Talk to him. Maybe the president of the United States ought use him as an ambassador if he can help any relations between the two countries. I can’t tell him what to do.”
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon