PHOENIX — The 36th Annual Scottsdale Culinary Festival is back again with more savory dishes and delectable drinks.
The celebration kicks off Tuesday night and will offer exquisite food and drinks to treat your senses through the weekend.
“If you’re looking for an evening out and you’re looking for an incredible night for the evening, you’ll find it at the Scottsdale Culinary Festival,” said Jerry McMahon, president of the Scottsdale League for the Arts.
From Tuesday, April 8, through Sunday, April 13, the packed schedule of events includes everything from fashionable red carpet events to a sports-style battle of the burgers to the Great American Picnic.
Kicking off this year’s event is the Opening Night Affair at the Casablanca Lounge, complete with a red carpet, vintage cocktails and food from Southbridge’s best restaurants.
On April 9, the focus shifts to chocolatiers. The Chocolate and Wine Experience will feature edible works of art at the Music Instrument Museum with various chocolate dishes paired with the best in wines.
April 10 will be a triple dose of exquisite food, starting with the Burger Battle. The Scottsdale Stadium will host the best burger chefs in a battle to pick the best burger. Over at the W in Scottsdale, it’s all about the Bubbles & Bliss, which features a combination of confections and bubbly wines. For the arts lovers, An Artist’s Palate event will serve a four-course gourmet Italian dinner paired with the best wines.
Kicking off the weekend is a series of events for everyone on your list. April 11 starts with the Eat, Drink, Be Pretty event full of fashion, food and drinks. April 12 premieres this year’s Wines of South Africa with a combination of exotic drinks and foods.
Wrapping up the festival is the Great Arizona Picnic, featuring the Southwest Festival of Beers, the Epicurean Expo and the Best of the Best.
“[The picnic has] 50 restaurants with food that you can enjoy throughout the day,” McMahon said. “All kinds of phenomenal people doing chef demos and the best of entertainment.”
For a complete schedule of the festival and to purchase tickets for the week-long event, visit scottsdalefest.org.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night