PHOENIX — The 36th Annual Scottsdale Culinary Festival is back again with more savory dishes and delectable drinks.
The celebration kicks off Tuesday night and will offer exquisite food and drinks to treat your senses through the weekend.
“If you’re looking for an evening out and you’re looking for an incredible night for the evening, you’ll find it at the Scottsdale Culinary Festival,” said Jerry McMahon, president of the Scottsdale League for the Arts.
From Tuesday, April 8, through Sunday, April 13, the packed schedule of events includes everything from fashionable red carpet events to a sports-style battle of the burgers to the Great American Picnic.
Kicking off this year’s event is the Opening Night Affair at the Casablanca Lounge, complete with a red carpet, vintage cocktails and food from Southbridge’s best restaurants.
On April 9, the focus shifts to chocolatiers. The Chocolate and Wine Experience will feature edible works of art at the Music Instrument Museum with various chocolate dishes paired with the best in wines.
April 10 will be a triple dose of exquisite food, starting with the Burger Battle. The Scottsdale Stadium will host the best burger chefs in a battle to pick the best burger. Over at the W in Scottsdale, it’s all about the Bubbles & Bliss, which features a combination of confections and bubbly wines. For the arts lovers, An Artist’s Palate event will serve a four-course gourmet Italian dinner paired with the best wines.
Kicking off the weekend is a series of events for everyone on your list. April 11 starts with the Eat, Drink, Be Pretty event full of fashion, food and drinks. April 12 premieres this year’s Wines of South Africa with a combination of exotic drinks and foods.
Wrapping up the festival is the Great Arizona Picnic, featuring the Southwest Festival of Beers, the Epicurean Expo and the Best of the Best.
“[The picnic has] 50 restaurants with food that you can enjoy throughout the day,” McMahon said. “All kinds of phenomenal people doing chef demos and the best of entertainment.”
For a complete schedule of the festival and to purchase tickets for the week-long event, visit scottsdalefest.org.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon