PHOENIX — Nearly 30 law enforcement agencies across Maricopa and Pinal counties participated in “Operation Justice VI”, a fugitive round-up, conducted last week.
United States Marshal for the District of Arizona David Gonzales said Monday they targeted career criminals.
The 273 fugitives arrested included a man wanted on home-invasion charges. He was accused of holding a toddler at gunpoint during the invasion.
Drugs and sex offenses made up the most warrants.
Gonzales said what they worry about most is the officer’s safety.
“Because we go after what we think are the worst of the worst, these career criminals. And, if they see us coming, they know they’re going to jail, sometimes for the rest of their life.”
Last month, Phoenix Detective John Hobbs was shot and killed by a 28-year-old ex-convict with an outstanding arrest warrant. Hobbs, a 21-year veteran worked with the Major Offender Bureau which is responsible for locating people with outstanding arrest warrants.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy